Sunday, June 29, 2008

On The Trail: No Habla Espanol

Well what can I say? I've spent the past 4 days with the Mustangs; hanging around them, listening and talking with them and so on. Today I decided to get to know some of the Spanish speaking players and all I can say is that the 3 years of Spanish I took in school was time well wasted. I couldn't keep up or understand hardly anything they were saying. If you haven't already seen the story make sure and check it out. I had to find out about the challenges that occur between the Americans and the foreign players. How do they hang out and talk with one another? What do they talk about? All that good stuff. Most of the players speak at least a little bit of English so it works out alright. The American players try to pick up on Spanish but most of them have no idea what they're actually saying. It was fun looking into that aspect of the team.

The weather has been RIDICULOUSLY hot up here in Great Falls (as well as everywhere else). Alot of the players and staff have been saying that this is nothing compared to where they come from. And since many of them reside in Texas, Puerto Rico, Venezuela, etc...I think they know what actual heat is like. Still if I get sunburned any worse it may cause some problems.

Only one more road game to go and I'm hearing that Dehler Park was having issues with the lights tonight. Well I hope they get that all worked out by Tuesday because the Mustangs are growing more and more excited to get back to Dehler and play. Might be difficult to play a game when it gets dark and the lights aren't working correctly. I'm sure they'll get it all figured out and Tuesday's home game will be good for the community.

If you haven't already, make sure to check out the latest Exclusive stories we have posted on the website. There's some pretty good stuff on there including the story on Ed Cohen, the play by play radio guy, sneak peeks at life in the dugout, and of course everything else we have done so far on this trip. I'll be back tomorrow with more updates. Have a good night.

-Richie
(PS special shout out tonight to Stef and Courtney. Courtney for hanging out even though she has to be up at 5AM tomorrow and Stef for putting up with me and my field producer, Kyle. Thanks ladies. You're the best!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Can't wait to have you back home in Billings...everyone is excited for Dehler park's opening and Mustangs games this summer!

Anonymous said...

Thanks for all the work your doing getting all the different stories from the Mustangs. I enjoy them all!